Two Arminians Walk Into a Bar…
‘Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.’ ~ Proverbs 21:9
- Do you think milk is good for you? It is—but, then again…
- In the Land of the Free, however, you can have cops point guns at you for selling milk. Milk!
- Oh-oh! I may need to seriously reconsider my chosen vocation.
- ‘[U]ntil the debt is wrung out of the system, either through default or raging inflation – there’s no chance of it actually being paid in anything remotely resembling current dollars – the equivalent of an economic Black Death is going to plague the land.’
- Many of the foods we eat are genetically modified to resist pesticides. The crops absorb the poison—and we eat it.
- Our foods and medicines are poisoning us.
- Why wouldn’t someone wanting their wedding ceremony to smell like a corpse?
- ‘People’s willingness to hold money can change suddenly for a “psychological and spontaneous reason”, causing a spike in the velocity of money [i.e., hyperinflation]. It can occur at lightning speed, over a few weeks. The shift invariably catches economists by surprise. They wait too long to drain the excess money.’
- ‘Dying of Money’ available for download free of charge here. [UPDATE: Due to a surge in interest, the book is no longer free of charge. However, a new copy may be obtained here for $34.95.]
- Jules Dervaes explains why sustainable, local agriculture is vital to our freedom—and survival:
- Second Commandment Watch: Why won’t they even entertain the thought that it could be Kenny Rogers?!
- ‘The plain truth is that [Abraham] Lincoln was deeply reviled by many who knew him personally, and by hundreds of thousands who only knew of him.’
‘It’s the $40 oil that is disappearing. There’s still plenty of $200
oil.’ ~ Rick Rule
- ‘It is now apparent also that the president himself, even before the attack, had intended to order the U.S. armed forces to make a pre-emptive strike against the Japanese in the southwest Pacific in order to assist the British in southeast Asia. But the Japanese “jumped the gun” on him by bombing Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.’
- Soccer players have lost altogether whatever remained of sportsmanship:
- You have to give Sly credit—the ‘80s action heroes were better.
- ‘We demand that the states of the union shall be preserved in all their vigor and power. They constitute a bulwark against the centralizing and destructive tendencies of the republican party.’ ~ 1924 Democratic Party Platform
- I forgive you, honey. Now, why don’t you just…go to sleep?
- ‘The 22 statistics detailed here prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the middle class is being systematically wiped out of existence in America.’
- China is considering ending its policy of pegging their currency to the Dollar.
- ‘[O]ur ruling class’s standard approach to any and all matters, its solution to any and all problems, is to increase the power of the government – meaning of those who run it, meaning themselves, to profit those who pay with political support for privileged jobs, contracts, etc.’
- Lunacy in our government is not new—Hamilton exhibited extraordinary amounts of ridiculousness:
- This is happening in Georgia—GEORGIA, for crying out loud! What have we done to ourselves?
- ‘Many books have been written on the Calvinism/Arminianism debate. I do not know of any work that presents the debate and the outworking of the different tenets better than this series does. The script tellingly and incisively sets forth the errors of Arminianism, yet it does so compassionately.’
- Do you support the wars in the Middle East? Here are six things you should know.
- ‘In the name of Christian charity, we are being asked nowadays to subsidize evil.’
- Police State America: Talk About Jesus and Go to Jail.