‘They hatch adders’ eggs; they weave the spider’s web; he who eats their eggs dies, and from one that is crushed a viper is hatched.’ ~ Isaiah 59:5
- ‘American great fiction is about individuals broken from family.’
- Free-ranging chickens produce better, more wholesome eggs. Here’s why.
- Here is a lucid explanation of current economic mess we are in—and the coming (soon) collapse. Things will never be the same and the sooner we accept that fact the better we can prepare for it.
- ‘Many Austrian economists, including Ludwig von Mises, have been staunch advocates of “sound money,” stressing the importance of linking paper currencies to the precious metals or, better yet, returning the production of money to the free market where it belongs.’
- The former President of Mexico, Vicente Fox, is calling for the legalisation of narcotics in an effort to curb violence—and I could not agree more.
- Google street view gets hit again—Is that a dead body lying in the street?
- I can think of at least 25,000 better ways to spend my time.
- Although one wants to avoid asceticism, there is a great deal to be admired about living a simple life.
- ‘In an echo of the debates over the discredited intelligence that helped make the case for the war in Iraq, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Wednesday released more than 1,100 pages of previously classified Vietnam-era transcripts that show senators of the time sharply questioning whether they had been deceived by the White House and the Pentagon over the 1964 Gulf of Tonkin incident.’
- ‘Marc Faber, the Swiss fund manager and Gloom Boom & Doom editor, said the US Federal Reserve will create a “final crisis” by continuing to print money because it is underestimating the strength of the economy which shows no signs of strengthening but signs of weakening everywhere in the world.’
‘If life seems awful to kids, it’s neither because hormones are turning you all into monsters (as your parents believe), nor because life actually is awful (as you believe). It’s because the adults, who no longer have any economic use for you, have abandoned you to spend years cooped up together with nothing real to do. Any society of that type is awful to live in. You don’t have to look any further to explain why teenage kids are unhappy.’ ~ Paul Graham, ‘Why Nerds Are Unpopular’
- ‘If your cholesterol level is too low you will not be able to use the sun to generate sufficient levels of vitamin D.’
- ‘Be prepared, if you have a sugar bowl home go fill it up because it’s going to be more expensive.’ ~ Investment guru Jim Rogers
- ‘When will Americans come to see that the never-ending terrorist crisis, along with the concomitant loss of our civil liberties, is rooted in U.S. statism, imperialism, and interventionism rather than in religion?’
- The Vaccine Lobby is at it again.
- ‘Sovereign default, however, is not the only strategy available to the US regarding its unpayable debt. The US could alternatively pay down its massive obligations by debasing its currency, a strategy wherein the US would pay its creditors with increasingly worthless US dollars – to the US, a far more convenient solution.’
- ‘Declaring himself the ‘most pessimistic of forecasters, nobody is more pessimistic than me’ Dr Faber outlined a scenario in which the dollar has to be replaced by another unit after a future inflation, and holders of cash and bonds lose virtually everything in the process.’
- Once again, living in a free society means that folks should have the freedom to sell—or not sell—their home to anyone for any reason.
- ‘US credit risk is huge and America has two options, either default or let the currency depreciate substantially against currencies such as the yuan and the rouble.’ (Are you prepared for what’s coming?)